Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Flirting with Fate~



Heading out on the third loop~
I know, I'm the one who's always saying not to "tempt fate" & here I did it myself!  Seems I was getting overly "confident" in making my ride plans for this year.  I was brave enough to say that Home On The Range would be our first ride of this season.   Note to self;  do Not speak or write in absolutes!  They have a way of biting you in the Blut :-)  Nonetheless, here's a picture of the great time we had LAST season, heading out on the third loop of the 50  :-)

Still sore from our little "parting of the ways" almost two-weeks ago now...  Of course the pouring rainstorms this week, would not have made for any kind of decent riding weather anyway!  Khari is so full of energy that she did a few "airs above the ground" yesterday when I turned her out for a while.  The soil is so saturated that Khari sinks in with every step.   Another Washington weather record has been broken for the month of March - the most rain since 1950.  That's a Lot of rain!  Now, I wonder how my hip, back & shoulder will feel next time I mount up?  I'm not going to plan a "season start" until I'm back to 100 percent.

The Good News!  I get to see daughter Jentry & Grandson Ben today!  Ben is coming home with me to spend the night!  Tomorrow we head to the hospital to be the support crew in the waiting room while his mom has her baby, Ben's sister & our fourth Grandchild!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for new baby!

    I saw the county flood engineers on the Arlington bridge today with all their equipment...they were NOT smiling... ARGH.

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~