Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving & The River~

The Sauk on Thanksgiving Day~
Thanksgiving Day we were very happy to be invited up to our youngest daughter's home, to share the day & a meal with her family.  One of our fine son-in-laws, two granddaughters & our eldest grandson!   To walk into a house in the woods, smell turkey cooking & feel the warmth of the wood stove made the day perfect.  While we waited for dinner, we took a hike to see what the river was doing.  
Butch & Ben admired the view~  The "Lewis & Clark" look :-)
 It was chilly, with a fresh blanket of snow higher on the surrounding mountains.  What a magnificent day to enjoy a pristine landscape.   We had a "fly-by" by two very large Eagles, but I didn't get a picture quick enough.  

 I got off "light" in the cooking department with only a pie to bake.  That was good, since the day before I had a little incident with Farah.  I was checking a hind foot, when she decided to drop it on the big toe of my left foot!  Not only drop it, but then proceed to scape it across the hard packed dirt floor of the barn isle.  I had on a pretty tough leather shoe, but it was no match...  I beat on her hip & she finally lifted the foot & gave me a look;  "What is your problem?"  I tell you...  I let her know WHAT my problem was!!!  

I spent that night, taking pain pills two at a time just to be able to lay down.  My big toe joint feels smashed, which did not making walking easy, or baking a pie, or enjoying much of the evening.  At least by Thanksgiving Day, the pain was tolerable.  Now the hope is that I'll be able to ride this coming week!  :-) 

1 comment:

Always Welcome~