Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What a Gift~

At the entrance~
Above is the signage at the turn heading up to the parking area at Victoria.  This was an improvement made after the original parking area was sold.  While we're happy to have it, it's now some distance from the trails further south.


Today, we were on our own, with the welcome sunshine, I wanted to Get Out & I think Khari felt the same way! I wrapped up my good camera & brought it along, hoping to capture some of the amazing beauty of the cold, clear fresh day. I think the results were worth it!
Very nice new signage~
A very blue sky, low lying clouds & a light breeze, perfect riding weather! Khari was moving smooth & easy - we did a short gallop & some trotting.
Mt. Baldy to the left, Mt. Washington on the right~
  Khari & I contemplated life, as we admired the views. We crossed over the top to the west side of the ridge & enjoyed more of the full late afternoon sunshine.
Khari enjoys the grazing
We were back at the trailer by about 4:30, the sun would be setting before long. Once home, I had the chores done & still had time to enjoy the beautiful late winter sunset!
Cottage at Sunset

2 comments:

  1. I contemplated life while working my two colts - plan on riding them tomorrow for the first time this year. The weather here is cold, but sunny. Glad you could make it out. We are planning to go to HOTR - taking Luna's mini so she can ride around camp before and after we race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be So much fun to see Luna ride! What does Bella think of that?

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~