Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, April 21, 2011

My first "Hunt" for Morel Mushrooms

My first time "hunting" for Morel Mushrooms!  (Grandson Ben sold $50. of them over the weekend to earn money for a new bike!)  I visited yesterday, drove up in the oh so welcome sunshine, with incredible views of our Washington "Alps" all the way!  Enjoyed playing with the new Granddaughter in the morning, then following Ben as he took me on my first successful expedition searching for the elusive Morels!  I was thrilled to find five, enough for a chicken-pot pie for dinner tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, jealous! I'd love to have someone teach me how to hunt mushrooms. I bet they're delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shroom in the pic is not a morel but rather a semi poisonous cousin - notice the fact that the cap is not attached to the stem. These shrooms are not as tasty either. Do a bit of research and see if you don't agree. Better yet, go to a coop with real morels and see for your self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joe, I will certainly do more research! Our son-in-law's grandmother spent her younger years in Alaska, she is the lady who has taught him how/what to collect.

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~