Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall & Fog ~

Autumn is finally here, but with the advent of the shorter days & cooler temperatures, has not come the much needed rain~  The last few mornings, instead of waking up to see the sun come over the mountains, it's been the gray of fog. 
The Garden Cottage
Yesterday's fog - was the closest thing I've ever seen to a dry fog.  This second morning of the gray - actually had some moisture in it! I enjoyed the sound of drips through the leaves in the woods.
Dogwood Gulch
With some of the brilliant colors that are usually so amazing this time of year, the gray card gray backdrop made me go for my camera.
Rascal on a mission~
By later in the afternoon, it was still a gray day, but the fog had lifted.  I don't think the temperature was much above the mid-60's all day.  I worked pruning the dogwoods in the gulch.  One is almost chopped to the ground.  I'm have a hard time deciding if I want the on-going work of keeping them...  The roots hold up the eroding creek bank, but they just take over everything else.  I love their color too, but could put in something else that would have the color & not the upkeep.  What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~