Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ridin' Time Again ~

10-miles today in black/white
The last time I rode at Victoria was the first of October when Linda & I were riding close to 20-miles a day.  I'd planned many more fall rides there, but life got in the way.  The red track you see in the photo above is from that ride & one a few days earlier.  This really gives you an idea of how extensive the trail system is in comparison to the logging roads!  Of course we'd been riding beyond the "usual" trails & gone to the old trails on other side that you see down on the bottom of the frame.
Connie & Farah in the fog~
 Even in heavy fog it was good to be there!  The roads were getting heavy use, lots of logging has gone on just since I was there.  It was cold though!  Did I say cold?  Pretty bone chilling - so we did some trotting to stay warm & a gallop or two :-)
Aarene & Fiddle in fog, at the Monument
Was so nice to get out with Aarene & Fiddle again.  Only our second ride together with these two mares, but Aarene's hard work with Fiddle has paid off & she is a much more enjoyable trail companion than in days of yore...   Of course Aarene wanted to put reindeer horns on Farah - I said "no" to that :-)  We're pretty straight laced - then there were the purple fingerless arm length gloves - ok...  they were pretty interesting - I'm sure you'll see where to find them on Aarene's blog :-)

We clicked out a nice ten-miles, it was too cold to lollygag.  Wrapping up the year the right way - IN the saddle :-)  Of course there was New Years Eve 2000, we rode that one in, but that is another long story :-)

1 comment:

  1. I was bundled up pretty well, and was STILL glad for the occasional trot to warm up again!

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~