Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Endurance Mileage Pins~

Mileage pins on display~
A very nice "perk" for membership in the Pacific Northwest region, http://nwrides.org/ of the American Endurance Ride Conference; http://www.aerc.org/ are the 250-mile pins awarded to any rider who completes five- fifty mile rides in any one season.  Riding five rides in any given year, takes a large commitment not only in time, especially for those who work full-time, or have kids still at home, but also in resources.  Our state has very few rides, so getting to five takes advance planning & some long distance travel.

I've long admired the one-horse, one-rider concept.   I was naive enough to think that the first horse I bought would be the one I'd have "forever".  Right?  Wrong!   After a rough start with a mare that wasn't suited, I stole my husbands!  She was my one-in-a-million & though she was lame more often than sound, it was love!  Incredibly game & a thrill to ride, I just had to keep trying to "fix" the issues.  After five years, in 2000 we achieved our very first pin!  I didn't know that it would also be our last -- until after another five years of trying.  Did I say something about being stubborn?  Now, with Khari, the pins have been stacking up!  I'm still amazed to see the little collection grow!   Whether it's your first, or your tenth -- it's fun!

2 comments:

  1. It's been some years since I earned a 250 pin...maybe this year? Wait and see, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~