Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Loss of Mischief ~

Skyla & Mischief in June
This has been a very hard post to write...  While I was gone, Butch was working in the garden.  (It's completely fenced & we only use "Slugo" slug bait, so called safe for wildlife & pets.)  While he wasn't paying attention, Mischief got in & was eating the bait when he turned to see her.  He chased her out & didn't think anything more about it - until the next morning when he found her dying.  By that time, it was too late & he had to put her down.

After some on-line searching, I found lots of information & serious questions being asked about the so called safety of this product.  It doesn't contain a bitter ingredient that would make it less palatable for either dogs, wildlife or children for that matter.  Iron Phosphate's, Oregon Live.

Not even two-years old - a little bright light - full of life, cut short....  So very hard to accept that she is gone...  another hole in the fabric of time - that we call daily life...  

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry.... Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry to read this. It brought me to tears. My little one year old dog, Star, is a bright light, too. I feel so sad for you. But thank you so much for posting it. We use Slugo, or at least we DID--I sure won't any more. We believed the claims of it being safe. I have two little dogs I love, and I love my wildlife here and I am going outside right now and will be throwing every bit of Slugo in the garbage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura,
      I am SO Very Happy to see your comment! We are so quick sometimes to believe what we read, especially when it's a product that keeps our gardens & flowers from being destroyed. How horrible if a child died from it!

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your little dog. Remember how badly all 5 of us felt when our little dog Peppi died. You have our sympathy...A. Do

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences to you and Butch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so, so sorry, Connie & Butch. I know how much you both loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie that's so aweful, I'm so very sorry. Such a sweet little dog.love you, Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~