Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Khari training in SA

Khari in the lead :-)
While away on our journey to Colorado & then Iowa - I received the above photo from a friend, who has a friend, at the training facility where Khari is conditioning for her first season in SA!  It seems surreal to see her there - actually galloping across the sands of the desert!  She looks to be the tallest of the group she's with, fit, her weight looks good & she looks like she's enjoying herself!  From the little I know, the race season there starts shortly.  I'm hopeful that I'll hear more news & maybe the promised video of her in a race!

We pulled in the gate at home last night after over 4,000 miles & seven days on the road in just under three weeks.  The longest we'd been away from home in years.  The dogs were thrilled to be free at last!  Both had been very good on the trip, but words can't describe their happiness to be running after the squirrels in the woods.

I picked Farah up this afternoon from the farm, she was fat, sassy & really pleased to see me - which made my day.  After I unloaded her, she walked up to the barn, checked out her stall & feed tub to see if there might be some food?  Then galloped out to the pasture with Nika on her heels.  She badly needs a bath - so I'm hoping for a warm day soon, as saddle time is what I need!  The saddle time may come before the bath if I can get my needs doing list at least... down to a manageable length.

Butch is back at work, slammed I'm sure.  I'm feeling pretty slammed myself, with mountains of paperwork, unpacking to do & piles of laundry.  No complaints... HOME is a Good Place to be!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Miss K looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khari looks like she fits right in! Welcome back:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's still as gorgeous as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcom home Connie! I can't believe Khari - she looks awesome. It is surreal - to imagine Khari racing in SA. WOW. You will have to keep us posted on her races - she just might have found her perfect niche.

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~