Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Mining for Gold~

Fire Run Farm~
Over the last few months, I've been taking a few beginning steps in the lesson arena.  Lucky for me, I live in an area where we have an abundance of very qualified trainers & where we get visits from top notch people from around the country.

After my lesson Thursday at Fire Run Farm with Suzanne, I came away thinking about the learning process that goes on between a horse & rider - then - what a trainer brings to that partnership.  My last five lessons have been with five different trainers!  Each session has set off light bulbs in my brain & I've learned as much about what I'm doing right, as I have about what I hope to learn.  It feels like a perfect balance, almost like we ride away from each session having picked up nuggets of wisdom to add to our saddlebags.  Farah is such a quick learner - when we get "it", when we get into the "zone" we both feel Great!  Even if it's only for a moment, the moments are getting longer & stronger & a better place to be!  I'm staying motivated, nothing like positive reinforcement to keep me that way & the gold girl too!  :-)

Later in the afternoon, we were lucky again in that Lynn & Jennifer had planned to ride & agreed to change their plans to include me at a spot close for us all!  We met-up at Lord Hill & had just a beautiful week before Thanksgiving ride.
Jennifer & Reno
The days are still shortening down for the Winter Equinox.  By the time the fog burned away, we only had a couple hours of that fine filtered sunshine before the heat started dropping with the sun low on the horizon to the west.
Hill at Lord Hill
 Both Jennifer & I forgot our GPS units, we really didn't care, just rode along enjoying the afternoon, the company & our great horses.  Was super nice for me to get out with friends again~ 

1 comment:

  1. If I'm not mistaken, that's the farm that my RL friend Margaret rides/rode at...

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~