Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Difference in a Day~

Cool, Cloudy view~
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the weather can change.  Having missed out on a second in a row sunshine day to ride, I really wanted to ride today.  Linda had the time to go out & I can never turn down an opportunity to ride with her - we are of one mind when it comes to getting out on the trail.
Our loop today - up in the far right, the northern most end of the Centennial Trail
The time change always throws me off for a week or two.  I was enjoying the early morning sunshine that now is delayed for another hour.  Of course I love moving into the longer days - so my complaint is half-hearted.  It was hard to get around an hour early & head out on a gloomy Sunday.  I knew that we'd have fun catching up & getting out anyway.  It never did rain on us, but when the wind came up it sure felt cold.

We took it easy, mostly walking - Farah was happy to see Count again - he had "mixed" emotions I think - as with the gold girl it's one of those on again/off again relationships :-)  He only got her excited once - when he picked up the pace & she actually thought he might challenge her for the lead.  Otherwise she was on a loose rein & never broke a sweat.  With the weatherman forecasting days of rain, have doubts about getting in many rides this coming week, but very happy to have ridden our first 30-mile week since last fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~