Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year!

Three Fingers
My favorite mountain gave me a great close to the first day of the new year.  It was 4:21 p.m., sunset & the colors change so fast!
Two minutes later~
 The pinks changed to blues & grays.  One of those "bucket list" things, is to hike this peak.  I know in the old days, old ladies did it - so I guess I must still have time!  Last summer when it was so dry would have been perfect, but maybe this coming summer will give me the opportunity.  Don't really care if I make the climb all the way to the top, but even getting somewhere in the vicinity would work.

I've hiked since I was a kid, climbing the first ridge of the front range at the edge of north Boulder on my way home from elementary school, to visit the few horses who pastured there.  Later I'd do the hikes up, just so I could run down, jumping from rock to rock.  That was when I had knees & probably part of the reason they're a bit worn now :-)

Whether you enjoy them from below or hike up to the top - there's something about high places that gives you that special feeling that you're in a special place on the great planet Earth~
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~