Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Snow Day~

Cottage~
It's cold, about 32 degrees, wet & again we have large, wet flakes of snow falling through the air...  The dogs & I huddled on the swing while I sipped my tea & watched them fall.  It seems like the last few years we haven't made it through January without at least one or two snowfalls.  
Last year it held off until mid-month~
January 15, 2012
 2011, on the same day, you see below that we were white~
January 9, 2011 Dogwood Gulch
 We did get enough snow yesterday to cover the grass & it's still covered today.  At least as far as my photographic record goes, we didn't have snow on the ground in January of 2010, but the mountains were white!
January 6, 2010 - Three Fingers
 In 2009 though - it was  different story~
January 2, 2009
That year we had plenty of snow coming into the New Year & sunshine too.  It was such a "nice" January that I did a lot of riding & my friends did too :-)
January 17, 2009 - Khari, Joyce, Annie, Elation, Diane, Kendall, Jesse, Charlotte & Fancy
January 19, 2012  How it looked heading for home from Arlington
There you have it, a little history of the weather for this time of year!  Let's hope we don't continue to get slammed with huge snow storms, downed trees, power outages & all the interesting days of last January! 

1 comment:

  1. Bah. I'm glad it's pretty. I'm even more glad that it is now GONE!

    >g<

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~