Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What Tree Farms Do~

Convoluted trails~
When I pulled in to Bracken on this day - I felt totally disoriented!  The nice trees that acted as a buffer from Grandview Rd. - were gone...  The porta potty looked totally out of place/time with even the large tree that was behind it gone...
Welcome to the "new" look at Bracken Rd.
I had to remind myself that yes - it's a "tree farm" - their business is growing trees & I'm ever so thankful, as are all the horsemen in this area - that they allow us the access to ride!  Without these wonderful large areas - we'd be relegated to the formal "lineal trails", finding private land-owners who would allow riding - who???  Or heading for the state parks that allow horses.  These are few & far between! 
New Bold Signage!  The RULES!
It seems almost every spring, when this area gets inundated with riders from all over, north, south, the islands & beyond...  problems crop up.  There's the people who leave poo on the gravel, or this morning, someone hadn't used a shedding blade on their horse EVER, but decided that it needed to be done before they rode, so mountains of hair topped off with a pile of manure was all that remained of their visit.  Rude!  So darn Rude!

I could go on...  it's so rude too, to let your horse leave a pile right in the middle of the paved portions of the Centennial Trail...  WHY I ask myself when I see this???  Most of the time I can tell when Farah is going to leave a pile & I darn sure don't have her do it on the paving or on the path!  If it did somehow happen, how hard is it to dismount & kick it off to the side???  Must be darn hard for some...

Anyway - for those of you who are conscientious enough to pick-up after yourselves & your animals, I salute you for being the responsible people you are!  As to the rest of you - I hope I don't actually SEE you leaving your next mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~