Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oh What a Ride!



Our Route~
I always have to be careful what I say to my friend Joyce!  She never fails to take me "seriously"!  :-)  Today - we finally got out on a ride!  Joyce asked me if I was still planning to go to Renegade & I replied;  "yes".  The very best trail scout I know...  not about to send me off to a ride unprepared... sent us climbing!   
As we begin to climb~
We were about 1/2 way up a tough climb when she said;  "This is the "easy" part, it gets steeper."  It did!  Just magnificent views.  Cloud cover of course & very humid - but beautiful.  So nice to have the horses dig in, use those butts & climb!  They both seemed to really enjoy it.  Once on the logging roads, we hit "trot" with both Jesse & Khari in "cruise control" at 10 mph!  Big Smiles!  
Just over 1,600 ft.
Told Joyce that after all these years, we should just pick our ride & go top-ten for the fun of it!  Did I say that top-ten was fun?  Not really - for me anyway - more stressful.  Completing with a sound horse & going for speed doesn't always work out at the same time.  But on a day like today & from the saddle of a good horse, you can pick your poison :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~