Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Farah Comes Home!


May 16, 2008
This mare was purchased by my niece as a long yearling.  Smooth bodied & personable - when she went up for sale - I talked Butch into taking her on.  I'd been looking for a second horse, not sure how much longer I wanted to do endurance & becoming more interested in branching off to try new things.  

At five, she seems as confident as a much older mare.  I loved her color - having not had that for many years!  Watching her move-out, I have the feeling I'll like her gaits too!  Registered with the  American Warmblood Society - I hope to take her to one of their inspections eventually.
Odysseus ~ A photo recently sent me by Farah's breeder

Odysseus - Sire - National Show Horse, (1/2 Saddlebred / 1/2 Arabian)
Ms. Dignity - Dam - Appaloosa N549571
Described on her registration certificate as a "Chocolate Palomino", a gorgeous dark gold/brown body color that turns a lighter gold in the winter.   Considered a rare color - with dark mane & silvery/ white - thick tail.  Bred in Roy, WA.

Farah's temperament, kind & people friendly suits her outgoing, confident attitude.  Though she likes children well enough - it will be a while before she enjoys giving pony rides :-)  What she does like - treats!  :-)  We're happy to have her with us on the Homestead & she seems to be happy to be here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~