Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wrapping up my time on the Farm~



Down the hill~
Twice a year, for the last few - I've had the job of holding down the farm, while Dean & Ann go to visit their second home on the coast of Mexico.   It's a nice gig, close to home & everything made as easy for me as possible. 
Another corner & the old Maple that broke off last fall~
Along the river~
New traffic round-a-bout
Entrance to the Farm
I know, it's hard to call the my drive to the farm a commute, when it's more like a pleasure trip.    But whatever you call it, it's sure a great way to spend time.  Enjoying a huge piece of property, along a beautiful river, with gorgeous horses grazing in large green pastures...

I take phone calls, schedule future appointments, check on the horses, hand out flea medications, etc. :-)  Then - of course, there's admiring the view out the living room windows!  I've been in love with this place from long before we became friends with the owners, it's one of those special places that feel like home - both to the people lucky enough to visit & the horses lucky enough to live here~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~