Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Another Training Day~


Today both Sandra & I felt that Farah is making progress.  Though we only get up there once a week, Farah is remembering, paying attention & building on what she'd learned.  Last week when I had her out on the trail, I felt that she was listening & paying more attention to me.  That's always a good sign.

As Sandra works with her - she is understanding what it is that we're asking & doing her best to get it done!  As with so many horses, when the speed goes up, the anxiety level rises too.  When Farah starts lifting her head & trying to get away from the bit, Sandra backs off, slows her down & asks for the head.  Once Farah complies, away they go again.



I'm hopeful of getting out on the trail in the next couple days & working with her there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~