Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sometimes I feel like...

Farah in the fog~
The Lone Ranger...  The best laid plans to ride with others - seem to go astray...  There were plans made to ride with two friends, but they were coming up together & the truck that had the job - had an issue...  So - since I was already on my way - drove on up to Victoria.  The fog was THICK!  Actually glad that my friends didn't make the drive, as it would have been disappointing - if they'd expected to see the views.
In case you haven't seen one of these...
Bet you're surprised to see these!  They must be a "new" kind of horse trailer!  They were parked in the horse trailer parking, which is what the yellow sign that they're parked by - says...  The ONLY place I know of where there is actually designated "Horse Trailer" parking & these cars take up two spots, then - another was parked at the far end.  As I was getting ready to leave, yet another car pulled in.  I said;  "Don't park there!"  They said;  "Where are we to park then?"  I replied;  "Just as the signs say, along the edge of the road!"  Unreal...  Are they blind, dumb or just really stupid?

Since the tree farm has been open for people to come up & cut wood, the beer cans are starting to outnumber the trees!  The mud on the logging roads is getting worse than any mud that the horses might make on the closed trails...
More logging...
On the trail to the Monument we were shocked to find that the far side of the trail had been clear-cut!  In the fog & with the change of landscape - it was almost easy to forget that I was actually on a trail that I know well...  
No way around this - chain saw time...
I did see a lot of hoof prints, so someone has been doing some riding.  No trail clearing though, because the climb to the top was blocked with a fresh downfall.  The temperature was in the mid-40's, but with the fog it felt much colder.

Was happy that Farah is back to acting like herself & not a crazy horse!  She was perfect, great trot, nice canter & we had fun.  I feel very lucky to have a mare that is as happy out on her own as she is with a group.  Have got to get Linda back in the saddle!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~