Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Schooling~

We did go to "school" again this week!  I had plenty of excuses to not trailer out over the past couple weeks of not so nice weather...  Slick roads being my primary concern.  Another - was feeling a bit overwhelmed at what I don't know & need to learn...
I had a good discussion with Sandra regarding my somewhat overblown goal of jumping right in to Cowboy Dressage.   Instead, I first have commit to spending some time practicing!  So, we worked on some things that I can work on at home.  Sandra explained that just 30-min. a day would produce some of the reward - that I'm looking for. 
As I rode & as I watched Sandra ride, my inspiration returned.  Seeing how nice Farah looks gives me the motivation to really try to spend that time.  After all, it's the journey & if it's a longer journey than I expected - so what?  Don't they all begin with the first steps?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~