Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Me? Lead on the Trail? :-)

Our Ride Route Today~
My friends from the Monroe & Woodinville area made the drive up early this morning to get in a ride with me!  Trusting souls that they are - they actually thought that I would be able to guide them around on a ride!  :-)  Well...  I told them that I wanted to take them to the Tin Bridge - to take photos of the new fencing that's been installed to keep people from falling off - now that it's part of the Whitehorse Trail.
Crossing the Tin Bridge - Now...
So, we decided to ride the Whitehorse & see the bridge!  There's been discussion among committee members as to the way the chain link detracts from the beauty of the old bridge structure & I have to say that I agree.  But - since this trail will probably have small children on it at one time or another - at least they won't be falling off.  I have to say that I'm happy that Farah & I had made the ride & I'd taken photos of before this work was done...
Liz on Cato, Amanda on Bizzy Bee
It is a nice spot for photos!  Liz was riding Cato for Amanda, continuing his conditioning regime.  Amanda was all smiles on Lynn's great QH mare Bizzy!   Liz did a very nice job with Cato - they seemed to get on well.  Was fun to meet Liz & hear a little of her stories of riding on a migration in Mongolia!
Thanks for the photo Lynn!
What a gorgeous day for a ride along the river!  Then we headed to the Bracken Gate of the tree farm.  Both ladies driving right past the turn - not recognizing the corner with the new clear-cut that borders the road.
Liz on Cato, Lynn on Sophie
Farah was again full of herself - at one point moving into her Big trot & hitting her all time high of 14.5 before breaking to the gallop!  Fun!  We surprised ourselves, riding, trotting, a little galloping & ended up with almost seventeen miles for the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~