Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Friday, December 6, 2013

COLD!

Farah
It's not often in this state that we get freezing temperatures for long stretches.  This December is the exception.  The temperatures started dropping over last weekend - by Monday our high was only the mid-30's.  Today, we woke to 18 degrees & more of the blazing sunshine that has accompanied the cold, along with a breeze that seems to be coming from the north.  That breeze creates a good wind-chill & I don't want to know what that might be!
Santa looks festive on the Barn~
I did put our Santa flag up on the barn - when I went up to do chores this afternoon.  Farah was Very Full of herself & used watching me walk/crunch down from the woods, as an excuse to do some running & bucking & even flagged her tail!  (Something my 1/4 Arab doesn't do often!  :-) 
Coming my way!
Fun to watch - but not when the ground is so hard, frozen & slippery.
Half-way through her seventh year~
Luckily - it didn't last long & she was smart enough to keep it under some control.   Once that was out of her system, she snorted, blew - then walked up for attention :-)  I'm really starting to see maturity in her face this winter.  Now...  if it would ever warm back up a little - we could get out on the trails again.  Instead - I'm relegated to house work, more decorating & baking! 

1 comment:

Always Welcome~