Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

To Tin Bridge~

Today, I wanted to go see how the river looked out at Tin Bridge.  With the morning starting off overcast & cool, it wasn't until mid-afternoon when the sun broke through, that I decided to head out.  The afternoon was very quiet in the woods & on the trails.  We were the only ones out there.
in the big trees~
It was beautiful, Farah felt good - broke into a couple canters with no urging from me.  We were in no hurry - every time I go to the bridge & the emerald valley beyond - it still feels like moving into a slower paced world.
Cloverdale Farm
Even in the valley - it was quiet, no one around - so we took a nice break & Farah enjoyed the excellent grazing.  The dandelions were already in full bloom!
Does this look like horse heaven?
I walked on foot over all the rock back to the bridge, then mounted up for the rest of our ride.  Farah started taking trails & at first I thought she was heading back, but soon - we were into an area where I've gotten lost before & since it was already late in the afternoon - I turned her back & retraced our hoof prints back to where I knew.

We ran into Patty & Kendall heading in, as we were coming out.  Nice to see them!  I picked up dinner on the way home - too late to cook :-)

2 comments:

  1. I cannot get over all the GREEN in these pictures. Gives me hope that spring will some day reach us, too! Lucky grazing Farah. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a BEAUTIFUL last couple of days. Glad you got to ride in the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~