Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Friday, July 24, 2015

TrailBLAZER Surprise!

Beautiful Issue~
Fellow Washington Trail Riders Distance Derby Competitor & friend Lisa, sent me a short note through Facebook a couple weeks ago, asking if I knew that there was an article on the Centennial Trail in TrailBLAZER magazine?  I had not heard of it, so she offered to send me a copy.
The magazine arrived in today's mail - I leafed through, already having decided to subscribe, since it's been on my interest list for a couple years now.  Almost to the end, page 77 - here we were!  I really appreciate the nomination & receiving the award. Thank You!

Really fun to see us in print & know that our trail has received some notice nationally!  It's really an amazing trail, with an amazing history & how very lucky we are to have it right in our backyard!  If you haven't ridden it - take the time to put it on your list & enjoy at least a part of the 30-mile length.  There's something for everyone & it's a great place to keep our horses in the public eye.

It's becoming a rare thing for children these days to even see a horse close up & personal, so whatever I can do to help that happen & hook the upcoming generations on the wonderful wide world of horses - I will do!  :-)  The trail offers the opportunity to meet & talk with other users, to show the public that horse owners can be considerate & share our multi-use trails with everyone. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Connie, that's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dlacybacon@yahoo.comJuly 24, 2015 at 8:38 PM

    That is awesome Connie. You are a true advocate for the multi use trails.

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~