Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Brisk & fast ride :-)

Our route at Victoria
It was a brisk morning, clouds but no rain.  Amanda met me at 11 & we headed out.  Both horses were feeling very "fresh" & seemed to be enjoying themselves!  After a warm-up, we trotted, cantered, galloped & had a blast - blasting along :-)
Connie & Khari
Both our horses are now really fit!  Hard as rock & hardly breathing hard by the time we reached the overlook.  After my lack of ambition at HOTR, have decided to head over to Ellensburg for the Milwaukee ride.   One of the closest to home, that I've never done - since I've heard "rumors" that it's pretty boring & the best way to ride it is with friends.  Lucky for me, have a couple of those, who Khari loves to draft & they've been bribed to let us tag along :-)  
Amanda & Cato
Another plus for us both - is that Butch is coming to crew!  Khari always eats, drinks & rests better if Butch is there.  It's Great for me, as it gives me time to re-coup, eat, drink and all the stuff that I don't do when he's not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~