Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Khari has Arrived in Saudi Arabia!

My first ride on Khari, Sept. 25, 2005
I was relieved & disappointed both - to receive an email from Mohammed this morning; informing me Khari had arrived in Saudi Arabia!  Relieved she is safely in his hands & disappointed the agents hadn't notified me she was shipping earlier than I'd been told.  I'd hoped for some photos of her last days in the US, loading into the shipping container etc.  I've asked Mohammed to send me pictures & stay in touch - as I know nothing about the ride season there or what training they do, etc.  I feel like a Mom who has just sent her child off to their first summer camp!

I'd been thinking about Khari a lot the last couple weeks, must still be some esp between the gray mare & me :-)  So - looking back to our first year - it was during this same week I rode her for the first time.  

After all Dean's work to get me over my fear & his training Khari - it still took until after the first of the following year for us to become a team.  Dean said someday I would look back fondly on that time & he was right - as usual.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so cool! Glad you heard some kind of an update from them - I hope he keeps in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was and is a beautiful horse but possibly is the best for her and you that she is where she is. You now ride and own a gorgeous horse. Just be thankful for your memories. :)

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~