Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stupid People~

South side of the road
Today I met with a representative from our Public Utility company to discuss trimming the trees along the power line.  I've been know as a "sensitive customer" for over twenty-years now.  I love it!  As it's become more "politically correct" to prune with the approval of property owners & not just show up to chop & hack - I've actually developed a working relationship with the foreman.  We get together to walk/talk & see exactly what needs to be done - then he schedules the crew for a day I'm home.

As we walked up the road, we smelled smoke, Randy turned around to see the burn barrel directly south from the woods burning & smoking.  He looked at me & said;  "There's a BURN BAN in effect!"  Disbelief in his voice.  I took the photo then called 911.  This "neighbor" has been trying to "rule" his little corner of the world for all the years we've had the displeasure of living across the road from him.  His dogs run at-large, he drives as fast as he wants on the road, he hits our fence, mailbox, etc.  He operates some sort of "industrial manufacturing shop" in what is supposed to be a "Rural Zone" of Snohomish County - with the accompanying truck traffic etc.   I'm the "witch with a B" according to him.  Good is what I say!  
North side of the road - our woods~
This burning thing has gone on for years now, I've tried to get a photo, but he usually does it at night or late in the day.  It's not that he's burning wood, oh no - it's something with an acrid smell.  I've found pieces of ash deep in the woods.  This year - it's more than scary - it's downright frightening!  The Fire Dept. was quick to respond - they told him to put it out, get rid of the burn barrel & to not burn anything besides yard debris.  They also told him to move any fire further back on his property - away from our forest.  

Yes, I've had the sprinkler out for several days now, watering as far as I can along the road inside our woods - just enough to try to keep things a little moist...  Rain, RAIN would be WELCOME!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, this pretty weather should be gone pretty quick, I think...

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~