Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Friday, November 8, 2013

On Our Own~

Sunshine & Farah
It was a brisk morning, raining off & on - but by mid-day it looked like there might be enough clearing to get in a ride.  This time of year, riding - at least if you hope to stay dry - is something like playing Russian roulette with the storm systems blowing off the ocean.
We got sprinkled on, but didn't get wet.  Mine was the only trailer in the parking area & that was fine with me.  Farah set a nice pace & we hit a gallop coming up to the views.  It's never disappointing - no matter how many times you see it.  Washington weather can be so changeable this time of year & always so dramatic. 
The Monument
We took our usual break at the Monument, where Farah decided that she likes pumpkin seeds!  Maybe the salt on the pumpkin seeds - but she would have eaten them all!  :-)  As much as we ride on our own, we've been so happy to have the company of Joyce & Lynn over most of the last few months.  We had a really Great run up our hill - lots of horsepower beneath me!
Sunset~
The sun was setting by the time we'd finished our loop, the temperature was dropping too.  When we got back to the truck, I discovered that I didn't have my keys...  Then I remembered hearing a sound when we were just a mile or so into the ride.  Almost dark by now, I walked back the way we'd gone out & before long found them on the ground!  A Very Good thing - even though I had the hide-a-key.  It was dark by the time we picked up a pizza in Arlington!  The days are really getting short now!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, looks like a beautiful ride.

    Truck keys...oops. BTDT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get tired of that view, and I don't even ride there!

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~