Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Distance Derby Photo Contest~

I have a page on this blog that explains my past experience at photography.  I've loved taking pictures since I was a kid.  I have photos I've taken over the years that I cherish & I hope my family will long after I'm gone.

The Distance Derby is having a photo contest this year, judged by an outside professional.  We can submit entries on a monthly basis, then at years end the winners each month will be judged for the best of the year.  It's been such fun to see all the monthly entries - similar to the "As Seen Through Horses Ears" pages on Facebook.

I've been lucky enough to win twice now & receive a runner's up.  This month I managed to get a photo that I'm really proud of - so thought I'd share it here with you~

PHOTO CONTEST

AUGUST 2014 WINNER

Congratulations to Team #120: Long Distance Rider
Connie Hoge of Arlington, WA
(Connie chose this prize to use in her camper.)

(Judge's comments shown below for the winner and 1st and 2nd runners up.)

Team 120: Long Distance Rider (Connie Hoge)

Water Rider
AUGUST - WINNER:  "This is a very creative way to show both the horse and rider in the same image.  Some thought went into this image and that is what sets this apart from the rest.  Thinking outside the box makes for interesting photographs.   Don't be afraid to step outside your comfort zone once in awhile and look at your subject from different perspectives.  This image is both simple and abstract all at the same time.  Well done!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~