Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sunshine Afternoon~

Gorgeous Afternoon
Lynn & I had planned a longer exploratory ride for today - but I couldn't get up the gumption this morning - gray, misting, overcast.  More a morning for hot tea & my audio book.  OK!  I did that!  Then - the clouds parted & I called Lynn.  Yes - she was still up for an afternoon ride!
Harvey Creek
We met at Bracken & I told Lynn about my "new" little loop & she was game to ride it.  It was as pretty as I remembered & with all the recent rain - I wasn't surprised to see Harvey Creek flowing with a lot more water than on my last visit.
Mossy Woods
This trail goes through a section of woods where the moss thrives, along a ridge & above the creek - really pretty & the trails are now getting slippery again.  No more - those dry trails of summertime...
North Fork of the Stillaquamish
I wanted to go to Tin Bridge & see if the bees were gone, after Jerry made two trips over to spray them last week.  The first thing we noticed was obvious right away - the river was up & it was Full of silt!  All coming down from the slide area - the river there - making new paths I'm sure.
Swirling waters~
Now, I'd like to go back to the Haller Trestle & see how the two forks of the river are mixing as they come together there.  The river here had been running almost clear -with the water levels so low - but no longer.
On the bridge
We met a gentleman that had hiked out from the Bryant Store!  It had taken him just over 1-1/2 hours to get here - he was out on the decking as I rode out & soon said that there were bees on the bridge.
Bees~
There sure were!  It didn't look like the spraying had done much of anything...  They are four boards from the upstream edge of the bridge - so anyone who walks or rides over - be aware!

We finished up our ride by 5, so I had time to make it to the Centennial Trail meeting in Arlington.  So much going on right now - lots of excitement over the Whitehorse & getting the bridges decked!  What would have taken at least ten-years - will now be done in just over a year - we all hope!  The state has decided that a Hawk Activation System will not work for the trail where it crosses 530, so instead - there will be two underpasses built.  Very similar to the one that goes under Hwy 92.  Cost?  1.5 million for each!  Next?  Finding the funding for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~