Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Another Great Ride!

Farah in the creek~
Joyce & I decided on a lazy ride today.  I've been riding Farah - it's just so much fun!  She really enjoys going & I enjoy the ride!  Also have discovered that she is quite the downhill horse!  My GPS caught her doing 5.1 mph on a downhill grade.  What a walk!  Once she decides on a gear  - we go!  Water isn't an issue either, except that she started pawing in it & since I didn't particularly want a bath, decided to move her on :-)
Today's route
Khari is going to Dean's later today for a good check-up - to see if we can find anything that might be causing the spooks.  If not, then she'll be back on the trails this weekend to get ready for the Bare Bones Endurance Ride at Capitol Forest!  I haven't ridden there since Khari & I did a Competitive Trail ride the first year I was starting her & we won 2nd place!  Spooking wasn't an issue then...  My gray girl is pretty fit & sure looks ready - so hope that she's healthy & sound - to enjoy those trails nice & dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~