Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Monday, February 10, 2014

My Birthday!

Entrance of Rhodes River Ranch
Hoping for sunshine, I knew it wasn't going to happen.  It was a typical Western Washington Winter Day...  Gray, wet - but warmer!   A kiss from my husband started my day, then I found the pretty flower & card in the kitchen!  Next, a call from Mom!  I feel so lucky to have my Mom in my life!  Our daughter Jentry called yesterday & invited me to lunch today at one of my favorite places!  Couldn't resist the opportunity see her & those two little granddaughters that we love so much! 
Entry Signage
I headed out mid-morning & enjoyed the drive east from Arlington.  It had been a while since I'd been to visit the ranch - so the new entry was a surprise!  Stunning & perfect for the ranch.
Would have loved to see these on today!
The new gate, posts, hardware, lighting - all just beautiful & only adding to the natural beauty of the area outside Oso, WA.
Marble Sculpture
I wanted to ask where the marble came from, maybe the quarry I know in Colorado?  Very beautiful stone & interesting artistic impression.
Once inside, the Restaurant ahead!
The food is So good here - that even if you don't have a horse, or a real reason to visit - you need to - for the food!  I had the spinach salad & added a side of candied bacon to compliment it!   Jentry & the girls brought me a pink rainbow pony birthday balloon & very useful gifts for the camper!

Once I was back in cell range, there was a message from a strange musical group that I've only heard once or twice before - singing me the Birthday Song!  The message said something about everyone being under the weather... but besides sounding a little off-key - I think I recognized the lead signer as our oldest daughter,  accompanied by grand-kids; Mason & Cassidy!

Great day!  Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday! Rhodes River Ranch looks like and awesome place, Shawn and I will have to take a trip down there someday soon to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~