Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Monday, August 11, 2014

How Hot is It?


In the shade on the porch~
Mid-90's mid-afternoon!  Hot!  It was a busy weekend!  Sat. we were up early & to the Festival of the River to set up the booth for the Centennial Trail.  I sold several t-shirts, sweatshirts & handed out lots of maps & trail info!  By mid-afternoon we were headed south on I-5 to Gig Harbor for a wonderful Anniversary Celebration for two of the finest people we know - 64 years of marriage!  The view of the Super Moon over Mt. Rainier as we crossed the Tacoma Narrows bridge on the way home, made me wish I'd taken my camera...

Sunday - we met with family & friends in Redmond - to celebrate Grandson Mason's 13th birthday at a bowling party!  He made two strikes!
Mason getting it done!
  Having lived in Redmond for years, we drove by one of the buildings we used to manage - happy to see that the owners have given Scarborough back it's original name!  Then we decided to check out the flags that daughter Courtney helped to assemble for the display at Redmond Town Center.  Beautiful!
Dan Cautrell's flags flying at Redmond Town Center
Today, I was on the road again early - heading south to do some more birthday celebrating & watch Mason & Cassidy during their swim lessons!
Mason is swimming! 
It was all I could do to keep myself from jumping in :-)
Cassidy too!
After class, we headed back to the house for showers, then out for a birthday lunch!  After lunch the kids convinced me that I needed to try my first frozen yogurt!  Yum!  With these two explaining how all the different flavors could be blended, then topped with candy etc. I think we could have considered it a meal!  :-)

Fun days always seem to go twice as quick as any other :-)  By the time we'd done a little shopping, it was time for me to head north for my Chiropractor appointment.  Once home, I groomed Farah - turned her out & decided to take a few photos around the yard before the heat ruins what's left, of the best of my summer blooms...
Love the oranges~
Lace cap Hydrangea
I finished my walk over by the Cottage~
Things stay pretty green in the shade of the Forest~
Back at the house...
Rascal~
 Draped out over the cool concrete - was our Beagle :-)  In case you don't remember the title of this post - Rascal is demonstrating!  :-)  Yes - he's hot!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~