Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Saturday, November 29, 2014

When the Sun Shines~

First snow of the season~
We wake to a world of white, blazing blue skies & brilliant sunshine!  Cold too, with temps in the 20's.  Just the kind of snow that packs into the horses feet & makes those icy, hard balls - especially when combined with Farah's brand new, last shoes of the year!
The Cottage
As badly as I'd like to ride, it's icy, frosty & slippery...  I'm Hopeful that the sunshine & 40's forecast for next week - will pan out!  In the meantime, we're going tree cutting & pulling the boxes of decorations out of the barn loft.  Every year I say I'm not going to do as much - & every year I still do it all...
Dogwood Gulch
This year we'll celebrate our 25th Christmas on The Homestead!  Unreal how fast those years have flown by!  Time to do my annual Christmas letter & have finally ordered the cards.  I was going through the notebook where I've kept them all - since our first.
Here's one of my favorites - from 1994!  Back when Khaz was finally old enough for Butch to ride, when Jas was good for Jentry & before I sold Alexi & Jas became mine.  (Alexi & Khaz were full brother/sister.)  Abby - our first Beagle & the most defiant, was the only one who would pose for photos!

1 comment:

Always Welcome~