Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ode to Fall~

The view out my dining room window~
The rains have arrived, the temperature has turned brisk...  The leaves are just thinking about turning.  It's that time of year, changing light bulbs, cleaning out closets, putting out heavier throws, candles & I love amber seasonal lights on the patios!
The Chickadee's were tweeting at me this morning!  They were busy playing in the Elderberry bush by the back patio, as I was busy loading old clothes in the Bronco - results of my closet cleaning, one of the tasks that I save for rainy fall days!  I had some really nice stuff, mostly Nordstrom bought - that I'd worn when I worked in Bellevue in the early 90's.  Out of style now, but still perfectly good.
My buddies greeted me this morning!
I'd called two consignment shops in Snohomish.  At the first shop, the problem was a lack of space.  This cute little place was literally bursting at the seams with dresses, prom gowns, etc.   This owner said that she'd had no less than seven women come in with clothes in the last week!  Guess I wasn't the only one bitten by the fall cleaning bug!

The next shop was really cool, had lots of vintage stuff, 30's, 40's, 50's,  mine was too "new".  Impressed with the labels & quality of my items - she suggested that I go to the Snohomish Senior Center Thrift Store.  At least the clothes would stay in the area & go to local residents.   There, they were happy to accept the donation & I finally emptied the Bronco!   Done!
The beginning of the Color season!
Tomorrow, a visit to see our two youngest granddaughters - then hopefully squeeze in my first ride of Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~