The Sunshine Award is for people who "positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere." The nominee must do the following: thank the person who nominated her, nominate ten bloggers of her own, answer the ten questions given to her, and post them and the Sunshine Award button to her blog.
There are so many very nice, beautiful, informative, interesting & creative bloggers out there - that it literally boggles the mind! If we had worse weather or I could find more time - I would do way more reading than I do!
Here are my top picks. There are not ten, as I said - I don't do the reading I should, but a quality eight should work! :-)
#1 - http://distancederby2013.blogspot.com/ This is the first blog page that I've found that incorporated a virtual horse race with just your typical (not) horse trail riders!
#2 - http://www.horsetrailriders.com/ In that same vein, is the originator of the Distance Derby. Horsetrailriders was a wonderful idea that became a useful tool for uniting riders in Nebraska.
#3 - http://160kminoneday.blogspot.com/2013_08_01_archive.html A newcomer to the blogging world with a goal oriented blog about her entry to the world of Endurance!
#4 - http://karenshorsetales.blogspot.com/ From the opposite side of the Endurance world, a wonderful blog, straight forward & common sense from an accomplished author & rider.
#6 - http://travelingmoonranch.blogspot.com/ My riding partner from way-back-when - who has made her dreams into reality!
#7 - http://theequestrianvagabond.blogspot.com/ Another accomplished blogger & incredibly talented photographer & writer.
#8 - https://jraphotographyblog.wordpress.com/ Here's a young & very talented photographer who hopes to expand her business - while pleasing the rest of us with her incredible photos of us & our horses!
On to the questions~
1. Mares or Geldings - mares rule! :-)
2. English or Western - whatever works! Have ridden western for a long while now~
3. Younger or older horses? Either - a good horse is a good horse!
4. Do you prefer riding or groundwork? Riding!
5. Have you started a horse from the ground up? Tried, gave up & sent him Out!
6. Board or keep at home? Butch said I couldn't have one until I could whistle out the back door for it!
7. All Natural or Commercial stuff? A little of both - whatever works~
8. Tacked up or bareback? Tacked
9. Do you have an equestrian model? Tough one, many, many admirable horsemen/women out there - but I'll go with Monty Foreman - he was ahead of his time. A close second is an incredible horseman - Jack Brainard.
10. Your main goal in the horse world? To ride as far as I can -