Quote

Ain't nuthin like ridin' a fine horse in a new country - Augustus McCrae – Lonesome Dove

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Carnation Farmers Market~

The drive to Duvall is usually so enjoyable, I take the back roads until the outskirts of Snohomish - where I take the Hwy 2 on ramp from 88th.  The ramp was closed just as I went to make the turn.  Directed to Lincoln street, past the Lord Hill turn & on to Monroe in a solid string of trucks & traffic.  I called Courtney to tell her I'd be late...
Courtney's back patio decor~
I needed some advice on a sewing project I may get started on this fall & Courtney had the expertise to help!  Lunch at the Grange was just a good as usual!
Spectacular flower pots outside the Grange~
The plan was to pick up Mason, (Cassidy had a game in Fall City) then visit the Farmers Market in Carnation.
Made me want to have a picnic!
 This market opens on Tue. afternoons by 3 p.m.
New covered area for the market!
It had been a couple years since I'd been here - the new cover is such a nice improvement!  
Honey~
There were some wonderful displays of fresh farm products!
Sweet red peppers
Such variety too!
Swirling colors~
Courtney & Mason tried their hand at marbling paper!  Glycerin mixed with water - then add the colored dye of your choice.  Next dip the sprayed paper in the mix & see how it comes out!
Creative!
I don't think there's any way to go wrong when it comes to playing with bright colors!
Veggies good enough to eat!  :-)
 With a light breeze, brilliant sunshine, friendly vendors, it was a perfect way to spend the afternoon.
Brilliant blooms!
Mason is always hungry & directed us as rapidly as he could toward the food vendors!  A hearty recommendation for the pulled pork sandwich convinced me to place a to go order.  They had a variety of fresh salads, I couldn't pick just one, so decided to try two for tonight's dinner!  With a lemonade drink that included fresh blueberries, I was ready to make the drive home :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~